What is a webinar?
A webinar is an online web conference that allows people from remote locations to connect as a group using their computer, phone or tablet.
Think of a webinar as an online presentation or discussion, that normally involves a single presenter relaying content on a specific topic to a group of people.
Webinars may have the following purpose:
Most webinars in business are offered for the simple reason to build better relationships with customers and sell more product or services
- To highlight a product or product feature (marketing driven)
- To educate broadly on a topic (education)
- To facilitate a discussion around a topic (discussion).
Once you’ve answered what is a webinar, you may want to know how to host a webinar.
To host a webinar you’ll need to use an online service. This service will allow you to invite people at a specific time to attend your webinar where you can provide the following:
- Show online slides to the group (presentation)
- Listen to the speaker via you phone or computer (conferencing)
- Chat with the presenter and / or other participants (chat)
If you want to host a webinar here are some popular webinar services:
- Google Hangouts (good for more informal webinars) – Free
- Fuze, Goto Webinar or Adobe Connect (small business webinars) – Paid $20-$50/month
- On24 (enterprise webinars) – Paid